How much for a website?
How long is a piece of string?
There are many factors involved in producing a quality website, so here are some things to consider:
- Most of the work is in the visual design. The more specific you need to be about placement of elements, styling and layout, generally the higher the cost.
- Using a template-based system, it is quite easy to find something suitable already made, and modify it to suit your logo and colours.
- Images are EVERYTHING! If you don't have quality hi-res images for your website, then you can expect your site to look a little drab. Even the most boring design can be lifted by the simple addition of high quality photos and images. If you need graphic or photography work done, please let us know. Or if you need us to source images for you, we can do this also.
- What functions you want to provide can add to the overall cost. Most basic functions are included, but things like shopping carts and user login systems can take a lot of planning, testing, and work to implement.
- Mailing Lists and Subscription systems can involve extra work, particulary testing. Mailing Lists will often also require an email template to be designed.
- The quality of your website will only be as good as the quality of your content (both written copy & graphics). Make sure you have hi-res copies of your logo and any other images you want included. You may need to get your graphic designer/studio to provide a hi-res copy of your logo, and this may entail a cost.
- Also be sure to write quality content - copy-writing is generally not part of a website quote so please specify if you require this service from us.
- If you don't already have a website, then structuring your information for presentation in your website is important - this should be done before the design phase begins. We can assist you with this - see our Website Planning Guide.
Responsive Layouts & Mobile Devices
- These days, mobile-viewing platforms like iPhones, Android Phones, iPads and tablets are becoming more and more common. It can be important to make sure that your website is viewable on smaller screen sizes so that users of these devices can easily access your content.
- The best way to do this is with what is known as a 'responsive layout'. That is; a website which responds to the size of the screen it is being viewed upon, reformatting and resizing elements as needs, even removing some elements and introducing others depending on the screen resolution.
- This website is built with a responsive layout! Try it on your phone or tablet, or resize the window.
- You can read more about having your website fit on mobile devices here.
- Add between $300 and $800
(including basic contact form, basic image gallery, modified template, favicon)
- from $800
Basic Website + More Customisation
(including basic contact form, basic image gallery, highly modified template, favicon)
- from $1500
Your Own Fully Custom Design
We can apply your own design to Joomla!
- from $2200
Our Custom Design
We can also design for you
- from $2800
EXTRAS (rough guide ONLY)
The following prices are what you can expect to add to the above if you require certain functionality. This is meant as a guide only. PLEASE request a quote to get an accurate cost!
- Shopping Cart with Paypal Integration - add $350
- Shopping Cart with other Payment Gateway Integration - add $500
- Mailing List / Subscription System - add $250
- User Login / Exclusive Content / End-User Publishing System - add $450
You can Request a Website quote here.